CITY & GUILDS LEVEL 1 | FASHION
Schools out and the A Level results are due in just over a week… Are you hoping for a career in the Fashion Industry? Not sure you will get the qualifications you need to go to college or university or perhaps you are looking to start an apprenticeship and study fashion one day a week?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then we at the School of Stitch maybe able to help set you on the path with our City & Guild Level 1 course that starts in September or our day release apprenticeships, which funding may be available subject to terms & conditions with nothing to pay until you are earning over £21,000.
FACTS ABOUT THE FASHION INDUSTRY
- The fashion industry contributes £26bn per year to the UK economy. At present, there is a skill shortage with regards to young creative talent entering the industry but without the basic skills and understanding of how garments are made.
- City & Guilds Qualifications are universally recognised by business and industry.
- The Fashion Industry employs and champions women!
- There are 79,000 businesses that create 340,000 jobs
- The supply and manufacturing side of the UK Fashion and Textiles makes £11.8bn year
- British shopper spend a staggering £55bn per year on Fashion!
KAREN MILLEN | KENT BORN
In 1981 when Karen Millen partnered with Kevin Stanford. With a loan of just £100, the pair bought one thousand metres of white cotton and began manufacturing and selling white shirts to their friends. A party plan network followed and in 1983 they opened their first store in Maidstone, Kent, which was followed a few years later by branches in Tunbridge Wells, Brighton, Guildford, and London.
The brand continued to expand throughout the Nineties and was acquired in June 2004 by the IcelandicMosaic Fashions. In 2009 Mosaic Fashions ceased trading and the brand transferred to Aurora Fashions. Karen Millen was spun-out from Aurora Fashions in 2011, remaining under the ownership of Aurora’s owner,Kaupthing Bank.[7
IS A CAREER IN FASHION RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you dream of being the next Karen Millen, Victoria Beckham or Stella McCartney why not come along to our open day at our Evegate Studio.
Our open day will be Saturday 3rd September 2016 11:00am to 4:00pm
For more details contact us here>>>